Build Your Waterfront Dream Home
It’s easy to obtain your waterfront lifestyle dreams at The Coves – you can buy your land NOW – with prices at historic lows – and build whenever you’re ready. That means you can get started on a lifelong affair with the beauty of Lake Travis TODAY – and build your home when circumstances are perfect for you and your family!
Even better, you may choose your own builder and architect – you won’t be stuck with a list of “approved” builders, or intrusive restrictions on the design of your home. We have reasonable and simple covenants, designed to protect the value of your property. Highlights of these covenants are listed below.
A quick overview of our restrictions:
- Lots are single-family, but can have a guest house or garage apartment; Lots cannot be subdivided
- Construction must be completed within one and one-half years (18 mos.) of commencement
- 75% masonry (no hardiplank)
- Roof materials: flat roofs, concrete or ceramic tile, wood shingle, or standing-seam metal (dull finish)
- Minimum 2-car garage (no front entry)
- Building envelopes are designated on each lot and the primary residence must be constructed within that area
- All landscaping must be completed within one-year after completion of residence (landscape plan to be approved by Architectural Control Committee)
- Maximum height of primary residence = 38′
- Square footage requirements:
• Main House – minimum 2,400 sq.ft.
• Guest House – minimum 750 sq.ft.
- All outbuildings must have same exterior and roof as main house
- Fences and walls must be ornamental iron or masonry
- All plans to be approved by Architectural Control Committee
- Each lot subject to an annual assessment: $450 per lot per year; $800 per year once construction is completed.
- Assessments go into operating fund or maintenance and repair of common areas in subdivision and for ad valorem taxes